Tuesday, February 23, 2010

much ado about baby

It's about time I update this thing! So here goes... We never did get the 3D ultrasound. Due to the atrocious Ohio weather the office called and cancelled the appointment just 2 short hours before we were due to arrive. Matt and I were SOOOOOO bummed, to say the least. :( The office said they could reschedule us for late February/early March. whaaaa?? Oh I was mad. But what are you going to do? At this point the baby will be here in less than 6 weeks anyway so we'll just save the money and see our little babe then. 


We're having a blast putting the nursery together. It looks wonderful! Here's a little preview so far...
It's exactly what I imagined! Is it weird to be in love with a room?? Well then I'm guilty because I loooooooove it! It's so calming and beautiful. :)


This past weekend my step-mom Angie threw me a baby shower for my Dad's side of the family. It was kind of a couple's shower. The guys were invited to come and participate in a poker tournament as long as they brought a package of diapers. We are definitely good on diapers for a LONG TIME! Well until the baby reaches about 15 pounds... which might not last as long as we think. Anyway, while the guys did that the girls did the baby shower thing. It was so much fun! We got SO MUCH wonderful stuff. More importantly stuff we need! :) Of course we need absolutely everything so it was all appreciated! We are so thankful!
My parents are HUGE Harley fans so this little onesie was quite appropriate. :) It says 
From Cradle to Chrome
My cousins Kylie and Kenlea
My cousin Kenlea is due exactly one week after me!
My wonderful parents!

I have another shower this weekend with my Mom and Matt's side of the family. Then we should be all set for baby! I've also been working on a few projects of my own. I've been 'trying' to make baby bibs... 'trying' being the key word here! Here's a few that I've done.... I've actually made all of them by now I just haven't taken a new picture. They are quite cute if I do say so myself but I'm just not sure how they'll hold up. The thing is my sewing machine only sews in zigzag mode so it's a little tricky to make the stitching look pretty as well as make sure the fabric stays put. If they fall apart, oh well! I've really wnjoyed making them and they were made with love so that makes them even cuter, right?! :) 


and here's few random cute pictures... Matt putting together the pack n' play. Good job babe!
and how funny is this picture of Cricket?! haha! Someone's going to be a little jealous when the baby gets here!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMFG i love your dog in the stroller. That is priceless!!!

JonandLo said...

The baby's room is darling..I can't wait to see little rings in it!! It's almost here...keep posting pics!

Cheyenne and John said...

you look ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!!! Also I love the room!! Great job!!